Saturday, April 19, 2008

This was the easiest blog for me to write (I have been struggling with them to date), because of the whole philosophy of Understanding By Design- begin with the end in mind. This doctrine has become almost my entire educational philosophy and those that I work closely are actually getting sick of me and it. I have made it useful in drafting ESLR's, planning STAR test prep and especially my Action Research project. By forcing the question on myself, "what will it look like when it's done?" I have had to plan beyond just the current what's due this time. I know what the ultimate goal of my ARP is to have an effective communication system in place to help teachers better collaborate. I have also been able to share with the teachers I am working with, what I am doing and how my work and goal effects them, hopefully for the better in the end. Knowing what I want in the end makes it much easier to step towards it. It has not however removed all of the pesky roadblocks that are in my way, nor has it made the project any less frustrating or removed any of the requisite work that I must put in to complete it. It has rather given me a destination and now I am writing out the map to get there.

What theory, discussion and/or application from this course most impacts your ongoing action research project?

No comments: