Saturday, April 19, 2008

ARP Technology

Until Virtcamp, I had never chatted, posted a blog, etc.- nothing other than sending an e-mail. Needless to say Virtcamp was an eyeopener. In playing around a little, I experimented with Moodle and Google. The ease of not only using all of the Google applications- Documents, Groups (especially), Calendar, chat- but also setting up and administering made it very appealing. I guess I chose it because it is free, easy and everyone trusts the Google name.

My teachers (learners) have responded with mixed enthusiasm and results. Those that were already familiar with the process and are comfortable with it have taken it and run. The others, and they include a group of new teachers that, as expected, are not all that comfortable with talking out loud in meetings let alone posting on a message board for their peers to see. All have been able to at least sign on, create a profile and read posts. None have said that it was too technologically challenging to do.


"For your ARP, how did you select the technologies that you are utilizing? How have your learners responded thus far?"

No comments: