Monday, March 10, 2008

JIT Learning

When I think of were I have learned the most or made the biggest stretches in my learning, it has not been from reading a book and discussing or even blogging reflectively. My biggest gains have come from assignment with little explanation or boundaries- just a desired outcome with a few parameters. There was no how to or where to find, just do and its due on the 10th. The lessons from Virtcamp and Stagers class (Margaret's Data assignment in Orlando too) are good examples. I/we made our assignments missions, where we sought information, worked our way through problems, and found a way to get it done. I feel that this design is most effective for me, because I can trust the outcomes. You are not relying on some study or outcome data. You can actually feel the learning, and the sense of knowing that you did it- plus what you learned and created is yours to keep and it's authentic. This course has for me been a very effective confidence building exercise, because I know that I can do it, and that translates into my personal and professional career for an added bonus.

Blog: From your experience in OMET thus far, what design practice has resonated with you the most? Why

No comments: